Rally initiated by Workers Solidarity and a number of other groups to call for a workers’-led response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The demands for the rally were as follows:
- A Living Income for Everyone – end casualisation, paid pandemic income support for everyone.
- Free Health Care for everyone – free RAT tests, more nurses, fully fund hospitals, full access to PPE.
- Secure housing for everyone: massively expand public housing; stop the selloffs; moratorium on evictions.
- Right to organise:
– Right to organise & strike any time.
– Repeal Secondary Boycott laws.
- Roll back police powers, drop the COVID fines.
- COVID health and safety for all workers in all industries, especially in frontline healthcare.
- A global solution to the pandemic – remove patents from COVID vaccines and provide free to all countries.